Welke yogavorm past bij jou?
Bij Yogaplace vind je een bijzonder compleet aanbod van soorten yoga. We werken vanuit twee hoofdstijlen in yoga: Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga en Yin Yoga. Ashtanga is een actievere vorm waarbij adem en beweging samenkomt, Yin Yoga is zachtere vorm. Daarnaast bieden we nog meditatie lessen, zwangerschapsyoga en meer.
Je kunt kiezen uit de volgende soorten yoga:
- Ashtanga Yoga, Led Class, Full Primary Series
- Chant Class
- Ashtanga Yoga Mysore Style
- Mysore Techniek
- Easy Flow Yoga
- Kinderyoga (op aanvraag)
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga for students Maastricht
- Yoga for students Sittard
- Alignment Yoga from Within
- Actieve Zwangerschapsyoga
- Yoga & Meditatie
- Yoga for Runners
- Senioren yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- (Therapeutische) Ashtanga yoga
TIPS FOR A GOOD PRACTICE – Ashtanga Yoga
- Practice on an empty stomach. Do not drink water during or immediately after a session. Wait at least 30 minutes. Empty intestine and bladder before a session. The Sun Salutations, standing poses and inverted poses will help the evacuation of the bowel and will improve the function of the intestines.
- Please come to class bathed and wearing clean clothes. Cleanliness (saucha) is part of the eight limbs of yoga. It also brightens mental dullness, calms restlessness and makes practice more pleasant.
- The yoga meditation room is called a ‘shala’ where you are in silence and don’t disturb others who are focusing on their practice or are in relaxation.
- Clothing must be comfortable and elastic. Shorts, T-shirts and leggings are advised because they show the exact position of the body which must be free of necklaces, watches, rings etc. Do not wear socks during the session, but if you like you may wear them for the final relaxation.
- If you are suffering from any health condition, please see a doctor first. Always inform the teacher when you are pregnant or wish to become pregnant.
- Be ready to sweat profusely. Massage the sweat into the body instead of removing it with a towel. Do not drink during the session. If your throat is dry a sip of water is enough. Saliva is enough to wet the throat.
- Do not force the postures or movement. Keep the face muscles relaxed, let go of any anger or frustration with your body. Yoga is a chance to work with your emotions rather than denying or directing them outward.
- Breath awareness is the basis for the correct practice of asana. During asana practice the Ujjayi breathing technique is used.
- Drishti is the gazing point which is important in Ashtanga Yoga. Attention on the breath is closely connected with the direction the eyes are looking in. The use of the gazing point must be approached in a relaxed manner in order to avoid headaches.
- The final relaxation stage is very important and is the chance to enter into a meditative state. Without relaxation you may be tired and irritable.
- There is one day a week of rest from practice. During the period of menstruation, women should rest the first three days and not assume inverted postures.
- Yoga is not a competition, listen to your own body but follow the instructions from the teacher who will prepare and guide you in your personal physical, mental, emotional and energetic development and awareness.
- Ashtanga means ‘eight limbs’ and refers to the eight aspects of yoga practiced and explained in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras ( 300 – 250 B.C.)
Kom je er niet meteen uit wat voor jou de beste yoga is?
Schrijf je dan in voor een introductieles, of spring eens bij ons binnen. We adviseren je graag over de yogales die het beste past bij jouw wensen en mogelijkheden.
Share the love!