Intensive Ashtanga Yoga retreat with Petri Räisänen
Immerging in a transformative inspiring intensive
Ashtanga Yoga retreat with Petri Räisänen
- Ashtanga Yoga Retreat in Wijlre, NL with Petri Räisänen
- Unique opportunity for Yoga as a lifestyle
- Mornings include Mysore-style Ashtanga and guided beginners classes
- Afternoons are filled with thorough technical analysis, in-depth discussions and extra workshops in Energy healing, Yoga Philosophy. Pranayama, Thai yoga massages and relaxation, meditation sessions are offered in the evenings.
- Quiet surroundings, green nature in beautiful Limburg!
- Limited spaces available | All levels welcome
- Yoga can be an effective and beneficial tool for reaching a more peaceful state of mind, managing stress and getting physically fit.
- Complete lodging in private accommodation incl. three vegetarian meals a day
- Saturday arrival & welcome | Sunday start program | Friday morning practice & end of retreat
- Location: 'Hof de Brulle', Wijlre, Limburg
- More information and booking: http://shop.yogaplace.nl/ashtanga-retreat-with-petri-raeisaenen.html | email@example.com | +31-43-3260707
This is an unique opportunity to meet Petri Räisänen. Petri has been visiting and teaching at Yogaplace for many years and this will be his first retreat in the Netherlands.
Petri Räisänen (born August 13, 1967) is internationally known and respected as one of Ashtanga Yoga's new generation of teachers. He is a devoted student of his Guru, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, who has authorized Petri to teach, and Petri carefully passes on his Guru's exact teachings. Petri started practicing Ashtanga yoga in 1988 and teaching in 1990. He is co-owner and director of Ashtanga Yoga Helsinki, one of the world's largest Yoga Shalas, which he founded with his friend Juha Javanainen in 1997. The biggest motivation to open the school came from their teacher Lino Miele, and from Sri K. Pattabhi Jois who blessed the school to teach the traditional Ashtanga method. In his yogic path Petri has studied with many other respected Ashtanga yoga instructors such as Derek Ireland (his first teacher), Radha Warrel, Gwendoline Hunt, and Eddie Stern, in addition to Lino Miele and Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. Petri focuses his teaching on integrating healing and therapy with yoga, meeting student's individual needs and guiding their progress. Petri's yoga pose adjustments are gentle, effective, therapeutic and, according some of his students, almost magical, and originate (besides his own practice and teaching) from his past practice as a traditional Finnish folk healer and naturopath. His friendly and relaxed behaviour and precise perception gives a meditative, open and energetic atmosphere to his classes.
This week will give you the opportunity to deepen your practice without distraction. The week will include a variety of Petri’s knowledge and experience for 6 days. We will have three guided Ashtanga classes for beginners in this week. You will return to your daily routine revitalized and transformed, with a new-found sense of ease, strength and flexibility, both on the mat and off!
17:00-18:00 Welcome and practical info
19:30-20:15 Welcoming Meditation
General Daily Program
06:00-08:30 Ashtanga Yoga Mysore style ( Group 1)
07:00-08.30 Ashtanga Yoga Mysore style ( Group 2)
08:30-09:30 Led class for Beginners (first three days)
11.00-12:00 In depth class (Ayurveda/ Philosophy/Chanting/etc)
13:30-16:00 Energy healing workshops/ Guided walk
16:00-17:00 Discussion about Ashtanga Yoga
17:00-17:45 Ashtanga Yoga Technique Class / Pranayama Breathing Practice
19:30-20:15 Meditation/Chanting/Yoga film
*Note: Wednesday afternoon will be a free afternoon without any programme*
06:00-08:00 Ashtanga Led Class
‘Hof de Brulle’, address: Breulsweg 3, 6321 EK Wijlre, Limburg, Nederland.
Hof de Brulle is situated close by Valkenburg a/d Geulle. There are enough parking possiblities around the accommodation. With the public transport it is also possible to arrive from the trainstation Schin op Geul travelling by bus.
An old square farm recently renovated, with a big lounge and beautiful shala, lies in valley of the Geul between Wijlre and Schin op Geul. In the surrounding of 1,5 hectare site are bushes and thickets interspersed with a fruit orchard and a vegetable garden.
You will be expected to arrive on Saturday the 17th of June between 4-5pm the latest. There will be an evening diner and program together on this Saturday. The first asana practice will start on Sunday morning early and the retreat will finish on Friday before noon.
€950 | Full payment
- Full lodging with 6 nights and three vegetarian meals a day incl. afternoon snack, unlimited herbal tea and water
- Shared 2-3-4 persons bedroom (10) and shared bathroom (5). There are no single rooms available. The first 16 participants will have a shared double room. From the 17th participant there is a three and four person bedroom with maximum up to 25 participants.
- Bedsheets and 2 towels.
All prices in Euros (€). VAT 21% is included in all the prices above. If you need a receipt or invoice, please let us know and we will mail it to you.
Price is exclusive:
- Travel expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cancelation insurance
- Massage bookings (for booking, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The retreat is designed for Ashtanga yoga students of all levels (beginners, primary, intermediate and advanced A series).
- The retreat is designed for people with normal physical and mental conditions. If you are on medication, are currently taking (or have taken) therapy and/or counselling, or have any known mental condition(s) that would in any way hinder your participation in a workshop or retreat, please let us, and your doctor/therapist, know before registering. We do not provide any specialists at our workshops/retreats who would be able to help, should the need arise. If a student's behaviour causes disruption for other participants and the teachers, it is requested that he or she stop participating in the retreat and seek appropriate help. In such a situation, we do not offer refunds, but are available to provide any documents necessary for insurance claims.
- Please register for the retreat by also sending an email with your full name to email@example.com with the following questions answered: 1. My practice is : beginner, half or full primary series, intermediate, etc. 2. Ashtanga teacher you have been / are regularly practicing with. 3. Special diet/allergies. 4. Other requests or comments / name of roommate.
- By payment you agree with the criteria and conditions mentioned.
- All subscription will be registered in order of receivement of first payment. We will send you a confirmation email, as soon as we have received and processed your registration.
- The general terms of Yogaplace ‘Retreats’ apply at all times in case of cancelation after subscription and the first payment done. Please make sure you are aware of these terms.
- Yogamat, blanket meditationpillow
- Comfortable clothing
- Bathing suit & towel
- Netipot & tongue scraper
- Airplugs & eyepillow
- Flip flops
- Hiking shoes
- Rain clothing
- Writing material
Share the love: